Another passion of mine is reading. I work in a library and When its home time my bag is always full of the newest book to put in my list of to read shelf I have that's now probably three of four shelf's. I read everything and anything but my favourite would have to be young adult or even a little romance and maybe some supernatural. As you can tell I can't even make up my mind whats my favourite it so there you go.
I have many loves, food and books are just two of them so i'll start of with them.
When I got in from work today, I hought I was just fit for bed. However when i got in the door and felt that Friday feeling I decided to make Chocolate Chip Muffin Tops as I like to call them.I had my parents coming up for a cup of tea so I knew they would go down a treat.
Chocolate Chip Muffin Tops
Ingredients:250g / 8oz Self Raising Flour
125g / 4oz Caster Sugar
50g / 2oz Chocolate Chips
1 Level Teaspoon Baking Powder
1 Large Egg
150ml / 1/4 pint Milk
1/2 teaspoon Vanilla Essence
125g / 4oz Margarine
- Preheat oven to 175°C/325°F/Gas 3.
- Melt margarine and allow to cool.
- In a large bowl combine all dry ingredients.
- Mix the egg, milk and vanilla essence into the cooled margarine.
- Now add the wet ingredients to the dry ones and mix to make a very soft mixture.
- Spoon into bun cases, making each case about two thirds full.
- Bake for 20 - 30 minutes until golden brown and cooked through.
Recipe Notes:Makes 12 muffins if using bun cases or 8 muffins if muffin cases used.
They Turned out great and where ready just as my parents walked in the door.
My aim here is to post something once a week maybe twice if life allows. I hope you all enjoy my first ever post and if you do please pass it on to a friend.
Thanks for reading